No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

At Grandma's




In today's Sydney Morning Herald, I read a review of a new bar which, among its many attractions, was a basket of wool for drinkers to knit if the urge took them. I just knew I had to go.

In the best tradition of an old speakeasy, we had a bit of difficulty finding the entrance. The place has just opened and they haven't got their signage sorted out yet so we walked straight passed it. Doubling back involved much grumbling from Mr. P about needles and drink not making obvious partners, but Grandma's Bar was worth the hunt.

I knew we'd arrived at the right spot when, at the bottom of the stairs, we saw this:


A granny blanket! As promised in the review, there's even a basket with knitting needles and yarn. But I must admit it took me enough courage to ask the rather cool barman if I could take some photos for my blog without reacquainting myself with knitting as well.



In New York we have a speakeasy complete with beer bottles in brown paper bags and cocktails served in china cups. But no-where do we have a communal knitting project and flying parakeets on the wall. Grandma as trendsetter - who knew!



C.x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that's brilliant! Ha I need to steal this idea and transport it over here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...