No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Acorns

Okay, so the last post was a bit of a cop out, I realise.  It's all very well telling you about the latest shopping find, but that doesn't tell you anything about what I've been up to.

I could tell you about the plans to turn part of the house into self-catering holiday accommodation (Mr. P is tiling as I write).  I could tell you about the fab new WI that's being set up.  I could tell you about the green curry I've just made (only a day late for St. Patrick's day).  I could tell you about the interview that I have on Tuesday.  I could tell you about the garden which is being whipped into shape by two very nice men who are working their way through their own weight in teabags, or the bike ride I took this morning along the wetland path.

But I won't.  Instead I will tell you that I have had the best news.  I am to have a short story published.  It's just a small literary journal - not exactly the New Yorker, you understand.  But still.  Someone who knows nothing about me has read something I've written and likes it enough to want it for their magazine.  Shucks.

I almost don't want to tell anyone in case they've made a mistake.  But I have read and re-read the email and it seems that yes, they like my story very much and will be sending me along a proof to check before it goes to press.  So, there you have it.  I am a writer.  The man says so.

C.x

15 comments:

  1. What great news - congratulations!
    I've just read your last post too - lucky me, I have a birthday voucher to spend at Snape Maltings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing news - a writer, that sounds very grand! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous news, congratulations! What an exciting time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing news!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am sooooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Wonderful news - so happy for you. It all sounds very exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done you, serious congratulations and I hope you'll tell us more when it's in print! I remember going to Snape Maltings once - years ago, it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy in Michigan USAMarch 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

    Great news, Claire! You must let us know where to find the story when it goes to press.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too much excitingness to comment on in this post individually so instead I will say;

    Hurray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Claire!! Thats wonderful news and you must be so excited! A writer!
    What with that on top of all the other things happening in your life, you must be very busy.
    You must let us know what and when and where you will be published!

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww - shucks indeed. Congratulations and well done.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That is such wonderful news. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I have nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award, see http://agirlinwinter.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/versatile-blogger-award/ I hope you will accept!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...