No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

And the winner is...

Hello there,

Great excitement in the house of no knitted knickers.  We have chosen a winner for the thread cutter.  I would show you all the folded up paper with individual names of those who entered, but there isn't any.  Ours was a far cruder method of selection than that, involving Mr. P writing numbers from 1 to 21 on a piece of paper and me with my eyes closed stabbing at the paper with a pencil and drawing a crude cross.   (Not a very photogenic process...)  And the winner was no. 14.  As the 14th comment was from Jo of The Good Life and Through the Keyhole, she wins the grand prize.  Jo, if you could email me with your contact details, I'll get this in the post to you.  Congratulations!

In case anyone wants to buy one themselves now that they've realised they can't be without it, I bought my thread cutter here.

And of course, I need to tell you that I am the proud owner of a new bag.  BIG ta-dah moment in the next post.  But maybe just a sneak peak now...

I am stupidly proud of my achievement.  (And I'm hoping that the bright colours and happy pattern will mask the wobbly lines of my school girl sewing...)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

C.x

5 comments:

  1. Ooo congratulations to Jo...really happy for her. Can't wait to see the bag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Jo, I think I may well be buying my own after such a great write up. Are you sure you don't work for Clover?!!!! Looking forward to seeing your bag, looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, thank you so much, I'm so excited. It's one of those things that I didn't know I needed, but now most definitely do know that I need one after the write up so I'm so pleased I've won. Thank you, thank you. I've dropped you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all that excitement I forgot to mention your bag, sorry. It looks wonderful and I can't wait to read your next post all about it. I love the material you chose, it will look lovely hooked up on your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Jo! Cant wait to see your bag :) I'd love to go to a sewing class one day! I'd also love to go to a baking class and an art class and probably a few more that I've forgotten... I'm going to be busy when I can finally do those things!
    Samantha xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...