No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Molly dancers

Hello everybody,

Thanks so much for all your lovely words of encouragement.  We've been sooooo busy for the last couple of weeks, choosing everything from paints and tiles to curtain fabric for every room in our house by the sea.  Quite fun if you have six months to do it in but a bit stressful when you only have 10 days.  But it's all coming together pretty well.  I have so much to tell you and now that we're back in New York to pack up, I'm not sure how much time I'll have for dilly dallying in Blogland, so this might all be a bit random, but I wanted you to at least get a flavour of what's going on at the moment.

We had glorious weather for our two weeks at home.  We've been absolutely blessed with this project - the builders haven't had a single day's disruption with the weather.  And the early Autumn sunshine delivered some pretty eccentric behaviour all around....

As if to welcome us, when we arrived by the sea, the molly dancers were out.  I had no idea until the other day that there was such a thing and it made me delighted to be in England again.







Maybe just a little bit bonkers.  But I love it.

Back now and in the last 24 hours, we have had snow AT THE SAME TIME as a thunder storm (never knew that was possible...)




















But now, it is a bright sunshiny day.


Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and enjoying the extra hour in bed.

C.x

4 comments:

  1. Mr TH has just told me about the freaky weather you've been having but I didn't know it included a thunder storm- it looks ok now though!
    Glad you enjoyed your 2 weeks, Molly dancers & all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow to the weather over there! And those dancers made me chuckle... what lovely pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gutted to have missed the Molly dancers - I'd have been there to watch if I'd have known. I recognise a few of those faces so they must be very local.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...